A Health and Nutrition Program for Elementary Schools, Families, and Community Events
Helping Children Take Charge of Growing Up Healthy and Fit!
Our national award-winning school assembly program brings the power of live theater, amazing feats of juggling, captivating characters, motivating messages, music, magic, and audience participation to turn kids on to healthy eating and active lifestyles.
- Evidence-based with proven results! — USDA
- Winner: 10 national nutrition awards plus an EMMY!
- Over 4,000,000 kids served!
Audience: Grades K-5 and families
Ideal for: School Assemblies, Family Nights, and Community Events
Audience size: Up to 400 (exceptions made)
Running time: 45 minutes
Space needs: Auditorium, cafetorium, gym, or other large performance space
Program fee: Contact us
FOODPLAY teaches kids how to:
- Fuel up with breakfast every day.
- Increase their intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Balance their diet using MyPlate.
- Fill half their plate with fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains, lean protein foods, and low-fat dairy.
- Cut down on sweets, sugary drinks, and unhealthy fats.
- Build strong teeth and bones with calcium-rich foods and beverages.
- Increase participation in school breakfast and lunch programs.
- Read food labels and see through media messages.
- Get the most nutritional value for their money.
- Have fun being physically active every day.
- Feed their bodies healthy food and their minds healthy messages.
- Make choices that are good for their health and the health of the planet.
- Treat their bodies right—whatever size and shape—and discover that every body is different, and different is a great thing!
Comes with great resources to extend the learning all year long!
Check out these two program options to meet your goals and budget:
I. FOODPLAY School Special
Bring FOODPLAYs exciting nutrition assembly program with selected resources for easy follow-up.
See list of Option 1 resources here
II. FOODPLAY Healthy School Package
This incredible value provides, in addition to the assembly, a comprehensive set of resources to follow up in class, cafeteria, and at home – all year long! Get the whole school community on board with DVDs in the classroom, parent newsletters, nutrition activity guidebooks, and school-wide access to our NEW online curriculum featuring easy-to-use downloadable activities and worksheets integrating nutrition into core subject areas.
See list of Option II resources here
Download Program Options – “On the Menu”
Evidence Based – Proven Results!
FOODPLAY has been found to dramatically improve the nutrition and health knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of elementary school children with the majority making outstanding improvements in their eating and exercise habits. Sample findings:
75% reported “… eating more fruits and vegetables”
70% reported “… eating fewer sweets and drinking less soda”
62% reported “… telling parents what they learned”
—According to US Department of Agriculture (USDA)-sponsored evaluations