Healthy and Fit!
Our national award-winning school assembly program brings the power of live theater, amazing feats of juggling, captivating characters, motivating messages, music, magic, and audience participation to turn kids on to healthy eating and active lifestyles.
Winner: 10 national nutrition awards plus an EMMY!
Over 4,000,000 kids served!
|Audience: Grades K-5 and families
Ideal for: School Assemblies, Family Nights, and Community Events
Audience size: Up to 400 (exceptions made)
Running time: 45 minutes
Space needs: Auditorium, cafetorium, gym, or other large performance space
Program fee: Contact us
- Fuel up with breakfast every day.
- Increase their intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Balance their diet using MyPlate.
- Fill half their plate with fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains, lean protein foods, and low-fat dairy.
- Cut down on sweets, sugary drinks, and unhealthy fats.
- Build strong teeth and bones with calcium-rich foods and beverages.
- Increase participation in school breakfast and lunch programs.
- Read food labels and see through media messages.
- Get the most nutritional value for their money.
- Have fun being physically active every day.
- Feed their bodies healthy food and their minds healthy messages.
- Make choices that are good for their health and the health of the planet.
- Treat their bodies right—whatever size and shape—and discover that every body is different, and different is a great thing!
(Extends the nutrition learning all year long in class, cafeteria, and at home!)
- Follow-Up Teacher’s Activity Guidebook
(75+ pages of standards-based nutrition lesson plans and activity sheets to integrate nutrition into core subject areas)
- MyPlate Activity Guidebook
(Ten complete lesson plans helping children learn how to balance their diets using MyPlate as a guide.)
- In Class FOODPLAY DVD – “Nutrition Education in 10 Bite-Size Lessons”
(Brings the show back to the classroom with interactive DVD, questions, and answers)
- Resource Packets for Food Service, Nurse, and Parents
(Activities to link cafeteria with classroom learning, promote school wellness, and raise healthy families)
- Student Snack Cards/Nutrition Tips
(Kids take home to post on fridge)
- Family Newsletter: “Seasonal Gr’Eatings”
(Quarterly newsletter helps schools to get nutrition info out to parents)
- FOODPLAY Children’s Book: Janey’s Fresh Adventure! for Library
- Evaluation to assess program impact
- Press Kit and Posters to publicize program
- Web Activities and Downloads
FOODPLAY has been found to dramatically improve the nutrition and health knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of elementary school children with the majority making outstanding improvements in their eating and exercise habits. Sample findings:
—According to US Department of Agriculture (USDA)-sponsored evaluations