Putumayo Picnic Playground Music CD
"Picnic Playground" provides a veritable feast of fun kids songs from around the world celebrating good food, cooking and healthy eating in a global gumbo of musical styles and languages.
By Putumayo Kids
“Picnic Playground” provides a veritable feast of fun kids songs from around the world celebrating good food, cooking and healthy eating in a global gumbo of musical styles and languages. The opening song “Eat Like a Rainbow” sets the tone for the album, followed by delectable songs from Australia, Cuba, Denmark, France, Germany, Canada and Trinidad to create an exuberant musical smörgåsbord.Barbara collaborated with her brother, Dan Storper, the founder of Putumayo World Music, to create a fun CD that gets kids moving and dancing to the rhythms. We hope the music provides parents and educators with a fun way to introduce and celebrate different cultures using food and music as their guide! You’ll find some of our favorite “Fresh Adventure!” snack recipes for kids included in the liner notes and remember – you don’t have to travel around the world to have a “Fresh Adventure!” – just let your taste buds do the walking!
- Jay Mankita • Eat Like a Rainbow • (USA)
- Pascal Parisot • Mes Parents Sont Bio • (France)
- Jose Conde y Ola Fresca • Bolitas de Arroz con Pollo • (USA/Cuba)
- Asheba • Ice Cream • (Trinidad)
- Franck Monnet • Goûtez-les • (France)
- Safari • Peberpelikan • (Denmark)
- Kheswa • Beautiful Day • (South Africa)
- Rhythm Child • Bowl of Cherries • (USA)
- Bomba • Pomodoro • (Australia)
- Johnny Bregar • Shoo Fly Pie • (USA)
- Maggie G • Let’s Bake Cookies • (Canada)
- Donikkl • Milch • (Germany)